Everyone loves cookies even your dog! If you want to be the favorite in the family, cook up a batch of these yummy guys and keep them in your pocket. They are so good you can eat them too!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, for brushing (if you are feeling gourmet)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Stir together the egg, peanut butter, banana, and honey in a medium bowl until completely mixed. Add the flour and wheat germ slowly and mix it evenly.
- Lightly grease a cookie pan.
- Sprinkle flour on your cutting board and roll the dough into about 1/4 inch thick. If your dough is sticking, dust with more flour. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. We recommend using smaller cookie cutters because you don’t want to give your dog giant cookies.
- Place your cookies on the baking sheet and then brush them with the egg white.
- Bake biscuits in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 30 minutes, depending on size. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Trust us when we say both you and your dog will love this delicious treat.