Today is the day that everyone is making their New Years resolutions. What is your’s this year? Quit smoking, exercise more, eat healthier? What about making a New Years resolution for your dog?
Here are some great New Years Resolutions you can make for your pet.
- Get More Exercise: Getting more exercise is good for both you and your pet. If you have a dog, trying going out on daily walks. If you have a cat, try just playing with them more. A laser pointer is a great way to get your kitty running around.
- Go Out! Your dog loves to get out. Try taking him to a dog park once a week, or going on a walk on the bosque.
- Dental Cleaning: Your dog needs to have an annual dental cleaning just like you do. The healthier the teeth the healthier the dog.
- Annual Checkup: Going to the vet, or doctor, is important for pets and humans. Schedule your appointment today to bring your pet in for their annual checkup.
- Better diet: It is time to reevaluate what you pet is eating. Try putting them on a healthier diet. Talk to your vet about if your pet should be on a low-fat or any other specialty diet.
Just like humans, regular veterinary care and good diet and exercise will help keep your pet healthy longer and they will live a longer and happier life. Make those New Years resolutions to keep yourself, and your pet healthy in 2019.