Upcycling is a great way to make fantastic gifts for your pets that they will love, that will save your money, and that will keep our landfills free of trash. It is a win, win, win!
Are you tired of spending money on everything? Our pets, our kids, our life, can all be a big drain on our bank account. Spend your money on your pets on what is important, such as vaccinations, microchips, spay and neuter, and your pets overall health. You don’t need to spend your hard earned money on toys when you can make great ones that your pets will love!
Here are some great DIY gift ideas for your pets that won’t break the bank and are fun and easy to make that we found on some great sites.
- Crinkle Shirt – wrap an empty water bottle in an old t-shirt. When your pup chews on it, it makes a great crinkly sound. Read the DIY instructions.
- Dishtowel Braid – take your old dish towels and make a braided chew toy. Great recycling and makes a great chew. Read the DIY Instructions.
- A milk jug! – Yup, that’s it. Take an old milk jug, wash it out and let them play. It is fun to run around with because they can grab the handle with their mouth. If your dog is a chewer, then don’t give this as the pieces can break off.
- Frozen sock balls – Yummy, feet! Take a sock, tie it in a ball. Dip it in water then freeze. Give the frozen sock to your dog. They will chew it for hours.
- Tennis ball puzzle treat – Take a tennis ball and cut a slit in it so when you pinch it it opens like Pacman. Put some dog treats in it. This will keep your dog busy for hours as they try to get the treats out. You can also cut an X which can make it easier to get the treats out.
Dig through your closets to find great potential toys that your pets will love. All it takes is a little creativity and some fun upcycling. Don’t let your pet savings stop there, Vetco offers the lowest cost vaccinations, spay and neuters, and microchipping in any Albuquerque veterinary clinics. You can also save a little more by visiting our promotions page before you bring your pet in. Come by to our daily walk-in shot clinic at the Albuquerque Vetco on Menaul, or make an appointment for a low cost spay or neuter.