Did you know that you can save yourself a lot of money in veterinary bills by some simple home remedies. You have probably heard all the benefits of using coconut oil for yourself, but did you know that it is good for your pet too!
- If your pet is on antibiotics, taking it can help protect their liver.
- Reduces hairballs
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Helps digestion
- Energy boosting
- Boosts metabolism
- Gives your pet a shiny coat
- Coconut oil with a drop of oregano oil improves gum health
- Can help improve insulin levels if your pet is diabetic
- Supports a healthy thyroid
- Increases absorption of calcium and magnesium
- Can help with allergy symptoms
- Speeds weight loss
- Good moisturizer for paws, nose and ears
- Use as a sunblock
- Kills yeast topically
- Helps skin heal faster
- Soothes psoriasis or eczema
- Naturally antibacterial
- Stimulates hair growth
- Speeds healing of fungal infections
Before giving coconut oil, or any supplement, to you pet, make sure to check with your Albuquerque veterinarian first. If you are using coconut oil to treat any medical conditions, make sure you New Mexico vet is aware of those issues and has approved the use of coconut oil as a remedy. Always bring your pet into the vet clinic if you have any veterinary health concerns.